We Appreciate Your Support!
Throughout the year all donations made to Sail Sand Point allow us to maintain our low tuition programming and provide scholarships to any sailor, ensuring cost won’t keep sailors ashore.
Your donation allows historically under-served groups to join us, supports the young athlete hoping to compete in the Junior Olympics and underwrites the disabled veteran who has taken to the water for the first time. With your support, we continue to instill self-confidence, leadership, and environmental stewardship in every single person who walks through our doors.
- Host approximately 14,418 total participants
- Award $36,902 in Scholarships
- Host 40 organizations to bring 637 underserved participants to SSP
- Provide over $316,472 in public benefit to the greater Seattle area
With your donations, we continue to instill self-confidence, leadership, and environmental stewardship in every single person who walks through our doors.
Because of you, we are able to continue striving to provide everyone access to the slice of lake Sail Sand Point calls home!
Sail Sand Point is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Our federal tax ID is 91-1928908.
How You Can Help
A financial contribution of any amount helps!
Donate directly to SSP via credit, debit, or PayPal account.
THE LUKE TYLER SCHOLARSHIP FUND
PAYPAL GIVING FUND
Donate via the PayPal Giving Fund with your PayPal account.
GIVE BY CHECK
Please make your check payable to “Sail Sand Point” and mail to:
Sail Sand Point
7861 62nd Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115
If you’d like to make a donation of stock, please contact our office at
SSP Tax ID number: 91-1928908
TO AUTHORIZE STOCK
- Name of registered owners of the shares
- Name of eligible brokerage
- Account holder address and daytime telephone number
- Whether you will list your name or remain anonymous
Per IRS rules, SSP credits a stock donation the day it is received into our account, not the date of transfer from the donor’s account. Also per IRS rules, it is the donor’s responsibility to value an in-kind gift.
SSP’s acknowledgement letter will cite the number of shares received, but no dollar amount. Please consult your attorney and/or tax advisor regarding the special regulations and requirements related to stock and other non-cash gifts, including the substantiation necessary to claim a charitable deduction, if applicable.
In Seattle, we are fortunate many companies offer corporate donation or volunteer-time matching.
If your employer offers corporate donation/volunteer-time matching, you can request that your employer match your donation to Sail Sand Point or make a donation in your name for any volunteer hours that you record! Some local employers that participate include: Microsoft, Boeing, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, United Way, and many more!
Renew your US Sailing Membership
For every new and renewed US Sailing Membership made through the US Sailing MVP Program, SSP receives credit towards US Sailing trainings and classes. Renew your US Sailing Membership through the MVP Program and you will receive a substantial discount on your US Sailing membership.
In-Kind Wish List
One way to support Sail Sand Point is to donate gently used equipment or supplies that you might not have a need for anymore.
We are always in need of items on the following list, and we may also be able to accept larger in-kind equipment donations, such as sailboats and power boats, if they can benefit our programs.
Please call us at (206) 525-8782 to learn more about donating in-kind to Sail Sand Point. Thank you!
- Chest Freezer
- Laundry detergent bottles, washed (bailers)
- Vacuum cleaner
- Marks/buoys and anchors
- Fenders and line
- Carpet remnants, clean
- Kayaks, universal or beginner style
- Stand up paddleboards, universal or beginner style
- Lasers or similar sailboats
- Sonar or similar sailboats
- Sails or hardware for the following boats
- Club FJ
- Hobie Waves
- Hobie 16s
- Lockers, shelving, or cubbies for storage
- VHF radios, handheld or fixed mount
- Laptops, working
- Environmentally friendly cleaning supplies
- Environmentally friendly cleaning supplies
- Nautical themed decorations
- Trailer and/or dolly tires
- Teaching supplies
- Dry erase boards, markers, and erasers
- Sailing related videos
- Sailing related books, magazines, games, etc.
- Science materials relating to ecology, environmental science, or boating (water quality testing, anemometer, etc.)
However you support SSP, we are extremely thankful for your generosity! We look forward to seeing you on the water.