2021 Season Soft Opening on April 9th and 10th
(with limited inventory) / Grand Opening April 11th
Current hours are Saturdays & Sundays from 11am TO 7:30PM & Fridays & Mondays Noon to 7:30PM. Until May 27, 2021, we are closed on Tuesdays/Wednesday/Thursdays. Please see the below chart for sessions times, and the hours page for a full breakdown of our hours by season.
How to reserve a boat
Sail Sand Point has implemented a new reservation system that was designed and coded by one of our long time volunteers. The system works in conjunction with out in-person rental software. As a returning or new user, you now have the ability to sign into your Open Boating account through Digiclubzone and view our available sessions. Use the link below to access the site and create an account. After verifying your email, you may view Today’s Reservation Status in addition to your account skills, active waiver, and passes. Here is a breakdown of the steps to reserve a boat using the new system.
- Log in to DigiClubZone and proceed to the next step. If you are a new user to the site, near the bottom of your screen, select “Register as a new user”.
- For Club select “Sail Sand Point”
- Enter your email address
- Create and confirm a password and click “Register”
- Confirm your email by clicking the link sent to you and you can now log in to your account.
- Once in the system, click on the “Reservations” tab on the left side of your screen.
- Next, pick the day you would like to reserve on the calendar. After that, click the “add” button at the top of your screen.
- You will now be prompted to select which session, pass, and inventory you would like to use.
- To finish, click “Create Reservation” and look for a confirmation email.
Please arrive no earlier than your session start time, and no later than 30 mins into your session.
Currently users can reserve only one session at a time. However, if at the end of your session the subsequent session has not been reserved by another user, SSP may be able to allow you to claim that open session in order to extend you rental time.
Please only reserve a session if you plan to come. If you must cancel we ask that you do so far in advance by pushing the “Red X” next to your reservation, or calling the Dockmaster during Open Boating hours at 206-525-8782.
We ask that you bear with us as we work the kinks out of this new system as there will inevitably be bugs. If you encounter any issues while using the reservation system please let us know.
Arrival and signing out your boat
- Proceed directly to the Dockmaster’s desk in the main garage bay to check in. If you need to purchase a pass or pay for your session, payment will be collected at this time.
- The Dockmaster will ensure that you and your party all have an electronically signed SSP Participant Agreement prior to arrival, if not you will be asked to complete these either on your mobile device at one of our waiver kiosks. Please note that ALL children and adults participating in SSP programs must have a current participant agreement signed before participating.
- Complete a temperature and symptoms check as directed before leaving the dockmaster area.
- Proceed to rig and launch your boat, if you need to perform a skills check, the open boating instructor will give you further instruction.
Returning to shore and signing in
- Masks must be worn when onshore
- De-rig and return your boat to its previous location
- Check back in at the Dockmaster desk so we know you have returned safely
COVID-19 Specific Facility Considerations
- Bathroom and changing facilities are available for use at your own risk, but the showers are not available at this time
- Do not occupy indoors spaces at Sail Sand Point. Limit time in the sail room and other storage areas to a minimum and practice ‘one-in, one-out’
- Loaner gear will not be accessible. Bring your own gear to stay warm and dry
- Lifejackets are still required, it is highly recommended that you bring your own type III PFD. There will be a limited supply of cleaned and disinfected loaner life jackets available for your party
- The lockers, and key storage station will be available.
COVID-19 Specific Rental Conditions
- All standard Open Boating Rules apply (see below), additionally:
- As of now, only one reservation can be active on a users account at a time.
- All participants must be understand, agree to, and abide by SSPs COVID-19 specific Participant Code of Conduct, which includes:
- Maintain physical distancing: stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from staff, other users, and park goers, or anyone else who is not in your party
- Do not loiter or gather in groups, stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings
- Do not participate if I have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- You must wear a face covering when on land, but may remove it when on the water
- Washing your hands throughout the day and carry hand sanitizer
Open Boating Rules
- You (and everyone in your party) must wear a zipped life jacket
- You (and everyone in your party) must complete a SSP Participant Agreement
- No landing anywhere but SSP
- No drugs, marijuna, or alcohol
- Return everything where it belongs
- Check in & out with the Dockmaster
- Children under 14 must have a parent on site
- Stay within our boundaries
- Renter must be onboard
- Take care of equipment – You are responsible for damage
- Break a rule, you get a strike – Three strikes you may not rent for the rest of the season
See you soon!