Dear Sail Sand Point Community
Greetings from Lake Washington. To say this has been an unusual, difficult and unsettling time would be an understatement and our thoughts are with all those affected by the ongoing public health crisis and so many other disruptions and challenges which 2020 has brought to our lives. At Sail Sand Point we are grateful to everyone who has sacrificed to help us ‘flatten the curve’ and has allowed us to begin the gradual re-opening that we are planning. We hope that over the coming months we can bring joy to those that participate, safely, in the offerings that we have in store.
Update as of June 1st, 2020. Please visit the website regularly for more updates.
- The Sail Sand Point office and our facilities will be re-opening on June 8th 2020. Staff will be returning to the site in shifts however the office, shop and boathouse will remain closed to volunteers and visitors. We will respond to general inquiries at email@example.com and more specific questions should be directed to the Executive Director, Seth Muir at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Boatyard will remain open for tenants who must practice strict physical distancing and hygiene measures when on site. Staff will be able to assist in boatyard needs or emergencies during business hours if physical distance is maintained. Please email the Waterfront Director: email@example.com with any boatyard needs or questions.
- We will begin a staged re-opening of Open Boating (OB) on June 8th as we test the waters safely. Open Boating will look different than it has in past years. During this initial stage Open Boating will allow for family/household units to rent equipment for a two-week period, for a fee (in addition to any current annual pass held). Families/households will have exclusive use of their reserved equipment during the two-week period. There are additional specifics to read and understand on the OB website if this opportunity interests you during the month of June.
To reserve a boat from June 8-21 register now at: https://forms.gle/qR7EXKVMBX8Q7Dww9
OB will initially utilize our normal ‘spring’ hours: Friday-Monday from 1:30pm on the weekdays and 11am on weekends, to 8:30pm. More hours and opportunities will be added as new procedures and logistics allow. If there are unanswered questions after reading the Open Boating page on the website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All adult classes and all summer camps scheduled to begin prior to July 6th are cancelled at this time. Registrants of these classes were contacted to transfer to a later date or to receive a refund. As of today, June 1st, all participants who had not contacted us to inquire about transferring have been automatically refunded, and their registrations have been cancelled. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
- The Full Moon Sails scheduled for June are cancelled.
- Monday Night Racing is postponed until further notice.
- Summer Race Team activities will continue to proceed in an online capacity. In-person practices are postponed at this time.
A note about refunds: As mentioned above, Registrants for camps and classes that have been cancelled due to COVID-19 have, as of June 1st, all been issued a full refund, less 5.93%. This is not a cancellation fee, but is the amount that Active Network charges us at the time of purchase. Active Network is the registration system through which all bookings are managed, and doubles as the payment processor. As a small non-profit organization, SSP made the decision to withhold this 5.93% from refunds as a means to minimize the impact to our operating budget, which has been significantly effected by the volume of refunds being issued. If you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We understand that we are all in this together, and welcome your feedback.
Thank you for your partnership as we navigate these unprecedented times.
Seth Muir, SSP Executive Director