Dear Sail Sand Point community,
We miss you all down here on the lake! Usually in April we’d be announcing our spring volunteer work party, adult classes and the start of Open Boating. However, this year is anything but normal, as we all respond to the COVID-19 public health crisis. While our staff all ‘stay home and stay healthy’ we are thinking of you and yours and hoping that you are doing the same under these unprecedented circumstances.
Sail Sand Point is committed to the health and well-being of our community and staff. Our offices will remain closed, our classes and rentals will not resume until it is safe to do so, following the guidelines of the CDC, Governor Inslee, Seattle Parks and Recreation, and Mayor Jenny Durkan.
As of, April 24th, 2020 the following operational changes are in place. Please visit our website regularly for updates.
- The Sail Sand Point office and all our facilities are closed to the public through at least May 15th, 2020 but this may be extended. Staff will be working remotely and will respond to emails at email@example.com. You may also email Seth Muir, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nino Johnson, Director of Operations (email@example.com) directly.
- The Boat Yard will remain open for tenants wishing to access their personal watercraft. However, the public bathrooms are not available for use at this time.
- All after school programs including High School, Middle School and Opti Sailing programs are postponed until at least May 15th.
- All adult classes scheduled through May 15th will be cancelled or your spot will be transferred to a later date*. Participants will be notified by email and can contact firstname.lastname@example.org if they have questions.
- Open Boating will remain closed until further notice. We are working to to safely open as soon as possible if it can be done safely. Please continue to check our website for updates.
*For all programs cancelled by SSP you have two options:
- You may transfer your registration to another course offering that is being held at a future date, and we will waive the transfer fee.
- We can offer you a 100% refund. That said, Sail Sand Point is a small non-profit and the loss of revenues from these programs is creating significant challenges to our operating budget. If you are in a position to consider accepting a partial refund and donating some of your tuition to help us weather this storm, it would be greatly appreciated. There is absolutely no pressure to do so, we’re happy to refund for whatever amount you’d like and we hope you’ll come join us for a class once this is all over.