Sail Sand Point community,
Sail Sand Point is committed to the health and well-being of our community and staff. As part of the ongoing regional response to COVID-19 and in alignment with Mayor Jenny Durkan and Seattle Parks and Recreation’s announcement yesterday (3/12/20), the following operational changes will begin on March 13, 2020 at 6 pm through at least April 12th, 2020.
- The Sail Sand Point office and all our facilities are closed to the public. Staff will be working remotely as much as possible and will respond to emails left at email@example.com. You may also email Seth Muir, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nino Johnson, Director of Operations (email@example.com) directly if you have questions.
- The Boat Yard will remain open for tenants wishing to access their personal watercraft. However, the public bathrooms have been locked by Parks and Recreation and are not available for use at this time.
- All afterschool programs including High School, Middle School and Opti Sailing programs are postponed during the Seattle Public Schools closure period until at least April 24th.
- All groups programs scheduled during this period (March 13-April 12) will be cancelled or rescheduled where possible. Participants will be notified by email and can contact Jasmyne Bell, Group Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if they have questions.
- All adult classes scheduled during this period (March 13-April 12) will be cancelled. Participants will be notified by email and can contact at email@example.com if they have questions.
- The start of Open Boating is postponed one week until April 18th, 2020. Please visit our website for updates.
During this time, we will diligently implement recommended actions and make adjustments to this timeline in response to guidelines offered by Seattle Parks and Rec and Seattle Public Schools, while doing everything we can to sustain our mission and operations. Thank you for your partnership as we navigate these unprecedented times together.