Prepare for Your Adult Class
Come prepared for your first day of class at Sail Sand Point! A few reminders to help you be ready:
You should expect to spend most of your in person class time outside in the elements. We plan to get you on the water rain or shine. All classes are taught on boats that could capsize. While unlikely in most conditions, swimming is always a possibility! We have limited wetsuits and other sailing gear available to borrow for windsurfing classes or classes in the early spring/late fall.
We will go out on the water on the first in person day, so come prepared! Check the weather forecast, the weather can be unpredictable and it’s wise to be ready for rain and cool weather at all times. Sail Sand Point has lockers and cubbies to store your belongings while on the water, but we do not recommend storing valuables.
What to Bring
- Layered (non-cotton) clothing that can get wet, fleece is great!
- Sun protection: sunscreen, sunglasses, hat
- Bathing suit, towel, change of clothes
- Closed toe, nonskid shoes (old sneakers, Keens, etc.)
- A full, reusable bottle of water
- Sail Sand Point will provide life jackets. However, if you already have your own we recommend that you bring it.
*In order to help us reduce plastic waste, please consider using reusable water bottles. SSP has a water bottle refill station, as well as recycling and compost bins.
Parking is available in front of SSP’s building, and if our lot is full, overflow parking is available next to the Arena Sports Building. For driving directions, please visit our directions page.
If you haven’t already, please review the new SSP Cancellation & Transfer Policy.