Dear Sail Sand Point community,
Thank you to everyone for your patience as we have waited to see how this summer will unfold. We would like nothing more than to sail with you all in person, but for many, especially the summer camp and adult class students, this simply won’t be possible this summer due to our public health situation. The following update is effective July 15th to August 31st, 2020. Please visit the website regularly for news and if you have any specific questions about these decisions contact Seth Muir, Executive Director directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Sail Sand Point office and our facilities are open on weekdays only, however the office, shop and boathouse will remain closed to volunteers and visitors.
- Open Boating (OB) stage 2.5 will remain as it is currently running to Sept 7th. Specifics can be found at: (https://www.sailsandpoint.org/open-boating/).
- The Boatyard remains open for tenants who must wear masks on land and practice social distancing.
- Summer Race Team in-person practices have resumed with added safety protocols in place.
- Small lessons have begun for select students from Summer Learn to Sail Programs (see program book) and Mommy/Daddy and Me participants who have had their programs cancelled, ONLY. Eligible participants will be contacted directly with details or you can email your interest to email@example.com with Interested Camper/Adult in the subject line. We regret that we will not be able to accommodate all of these requests this summer.
Summer Camps/Classes/Group Programs:
**All adult classes, group programs and summer camps scheduled are cancelled through August 31, 2020**. For all programs cancelled by SSP you have two options:
- We will offer you a refund. Refunds, less Active Network’s initial processing fee of 5.93%, will be issued automatically on a rolling basis, on the Friday prior to when your camp or class would have occurred. No action is required on your part. For more details, please see our current refund policy.
- You may contact us to turn any portion of your refund into a charitable donation. Sail Sand Point is a small non-profit and the loss of revenues from our spring and summer programs is creating significant challenges to our budget. If you are in a position to consider accepting a partial refund and donating some of your tuition to help us weather this storm, it would be greatly appreciated. There is absolutely no pressure to do so.
Thank you for your patience, support and partnership as we navigate these strange waters.
SSP Executive Director