Dear Sail Sand Point community,
Its hard to believe that it’s October already! As summer draws to a close, we are thinking back on the last few months with gratitude. While we were sad not to be able to have more of you join us on the water this season, it was beautiful to meet some new faces, see some familiar ones, and to see our community finding safe ways to experience the joy of sailing. The one-on one lessons we were able to conduct with youth and families this summer were a happy success, and we are excited to be closing out the season with a few Adult 101 sessions, welcoming new sailors to the sport. All of us at SSP are humbled and honored by the support you have shown to this organization through these unprecedented times. We can’t wait to sail with you again in 2021.
- The Sail Sand Point office is open Monday through Friday from 10am-4pm only, however the office, shop and boathouse remain closed to volunteers and visitors.
- Open Boating (OB) stage 2.5 will remain as it was in September. If you are a current or new passholder interested in renting boats with us, please note that Open Boating has new hours for the month of October: Reservation sessions at: 1pm, 3pm, and 4:30pm to close; we operate Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday: 1:00p-close (6:30p or sunset); Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: We are closed. Specifics can be found at: (https://www.sailsandpoint.org/open-boating/).
- The Boatyard remains open for tenants who must wear masks on land and practice social distancing.
- Race Team in-person practices continue with added safety protocols in place.
- Adult classes have begun for select students who already registered and had their programs cancelled.
Please visit the website regularly for news and if you have any specific questions about these decisions contact Seth Muir, Executive Director directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience, support and partnership as we navigate these strange waters.
SSP Executive Director