Camp & Class Cancellation & Transfer Policy
If you are unable to attend a program, please let us know as soon as possible. Refunds vary based on when the cancellation is processed. Cancellations are processed Monday – Friday during office hours.
- More than three weeks before the start of camp/class: 90% refund.
- Between one and three weeks before the start of camp/class: 50% refund
- SSP is unable to offer refunds for cancellations submitted less than one week (five business days) before the start of camp/class.
- We are unable to offer refunds or transfers for the Hobie Wave Experience.
SSP reserves the right to cancel programs without a minimum number of participants. For cancelled programs, we will make every attempt to place participants in an alternate program and, if unable, will issue a 100% refund.
*If you opted in and paid for the Active Refund option during checkout and need to cancel, please contact Active Network to utilize your benefit.
- Registered participants may transfer to another camp/class, pending availability, up to three weeks before the start of a camp/class for a 5% transfer fee.
- Transfers are not permitted less than three weeks before the start of program.
COVID Policy 2022
Participants are choosing to attend program at their own risk.
- If you test positive within a week of program, we ask you to stay home and resign from our program. You will not receive a refund if it is within the week of program.
- If you test positive a week or more before program, participants can participate in our programs if:
- Five days have passed since symptom onset, or since positive test specimen collection date if no symptoms are present. NOTE: People who are severely ill or severely immunocompromised may need to isolate for up to 20 days; AND
- No symptoms are present, or symptoms are resolving; AND
- No fever within the past 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications; AND
- Receive a negative COVID test on or after day five of their isolation. If they test positive, they must continue to isolate through day 10.
- If you have been exposed to someone testing positive, we ask you test. If you are negative, we encourage you to come to your program, wearing a mask throughout the program. If you are feeling uncomfortable coming to class or camp and want to cancel, you will not receive a refund or credit if you cancel within the week of program. All our programs are full and some have a very long waitlist, we will not be able to fit you into another program.
- If you are symptomatic/sick feeling but not sure what it is, we ask that you stay home and test. If you are very sick, positive or negative, we ask you to stay home until you are well. If testing negative, you can return to program as able to, but it would be courteous to be masked until symptoms go away. If positive see previous. You will not receive a refund if you cancel within the week of program.
- Youth Camps: Normal protocol is that, in the event of inclement weather (lightning, high wind, poor air quality, etc.) camps will proceed indoors. No refunds are issued.
- Adult Classes: Normal protocol is that,, in the case of inclement weather, classes will proceed indoors or be rescheduled. No refunds are issued.
- These policies may change based on public health responses to the COVID 19 Pandemic. If moving indoors is not an option and class must be canceled, you’ll receive a refund of up to 90% of the registration cost. The exact amount will be prorated based on the percentage of the program that is affected by the cancellation.