SSP has a new reservation online system. As a returning user, you now have the ability to sign into your Open Boating account, view boat availability on the day of your choice, and make a reservation. With this new system take note:
- Paddling equipment (SUPS + Kayaks) are walk up only!
- Each account may reserve up to 3 sessions at a time. We request that you limit yourself to one reservation per day.
- Passes are only for sale in person at SSP, if your pass is expired, or you do not have one, you can still reserve!
- Skills tests are currently walk up only. We recommend stopping by during our non peak hours, specifically before 5:30 on both weekdays and weekends.
- During the season, we recommend calling ahead during Open Boating hours to confirm the availability of skills tests. You can reach our Open Boating staff at Sail Sand Point’s number followed by the Open Boating extension; (206) 525-8782 ext. 101.
Returning user and first time logging in? Press the button above to access the site, select ‘Sail Sand Point,’ and ‘register as a new user.’ Create an account with the email address you have on file with SSP. After verifying your email, you may view boat availability in addition to the boat’s you are check out to use and any valid passes. If you are a returning user but your email does not appear linked to your account, or if you are experiencing login issues please contact the Open Boating desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New user and first time logging in? Press the button above to access the site, select ‘Sail Sand Point’ and ‘register as a new user.’ Create an account. After verifying your email, you will have access to immediately reserve paddlecraft. Sign up for a skills test if you would like to reserve a sailboat.
Please only reserve a session if you plan to come. If you must cancel we ask that you do so far in advance by pushing the “Red X” next to your reservation, or calling the Dockmaster during Open Boating hours at 206-525-8782 ext. 101.
Click here to:
Arrival and signing out your boat
- Proceed directly to the Dockmaster’s desk in the main garage bay to check in. If you need to purchase a pass or pay for your session, payment will be collected at this time.
- The Dockmaster will ensure that you and your party all have an electronically signed SSP Participant Agreement prior to arrival, if not you will be asked to complete these either on your mobile device at one of our waiver kiosks. Please note that ALL children and adults participating in SSP programs must have a current participant agreement signed before participating.
- Proceed to rig and launch your boat, if you need to perform a skills check, the open boating instructor will give you further instruction.
Returning to shore and signing in
- De-rig and return your boat to its designated storage area
- Check back in at the Dockmaster desk so we know you have returned safely
Open Boating Rules
- You (and everyone in your party) must wear a zipped life jacket
- You (and everyone in your party) must complete a SSP Participant Agreement
- No landing anywhere but SSP
- No drugs, marijuana, or alcohol
- Return everything where it belongs
- Check in & out with the Dockmaster
- Children under 14 must have a parent on site
- Stay within our boundaries
- Renter must be onboard
- Take care of equipment – You are responsible for damage
- Break a rule, you get a strike – Three strikes you may not rent for the rest of the season
See you soon!