Youth Sailing Open House April 19
April 7, 2014
Rat from the Wind in the Willows was right. “There is nothing – absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” Fortunately for Puget Sound area residents, we live in in boating paradise with what is arguably the largest variety of boating in the world at our back door and an abundance of programs and opportunities for kids to learn how to mess about in sailboats. From local after-school programs to day camps to multi-week voyages to Desolation Sound, on boats as small as eight feet and as large as 133 feet, the options are endless. More than a dozen organizations have teamed up and are holding aYouth Sailing Open House so that parents and kids can come learn about the variety of options available. Programs are available for children as young as five years old all the way through high school. The all-day event is free, will include land and on-water activities and will take place at Sail Sand Point Saturday April 19 from 11am to 3pm. Click here to find out information about the organizations that are planning to attend.
5th Annual Stewart Opti Clinic
March 25, 2014
April 12-13, 2014 marks the return of SSP’s Stewart Opti Clinic. The clinic is designed to give returning Opti sailors a chance to brush off the cobwebs and get back in the swing of things. It’s also a great opportunity for novice sailors to learn about racing by participating in the clinic’s Green Fleet.
- Open to all sailors ages 8-15, no prior racing experience is necessary. Prior sailing experience is needed to participate in this clinic.
- Saturday 9am-4pm, Sunday 10am-3pm; Green Fleet tends to finish early on Saturday and parents are encouraged to check in with Coaches about what time to return to SSP
- $30 fee includes all coaching, lunch and first come first serve use of SSP’s boats (we have 30 Optis!)
- Activities for all skill levels
- Special Parent Info Session: How to Help Your Sailor, Saturday @ 10am
For more information, and to register, contact the office at (206) 525-8782 or email firstname.lastname@example.org